Senior Program in San Jose, California
At Pros In Rehab, we have extensive experience in working with the elderly population, and we always keep in perspective the special medical and social situations persons of this age group may be in. Our extensive medical background and training enables us to be in a unique position to effectively deliver care that bridges the patient’s medical/social condition to the practical realities of their situations. Our past experience with our senior population as well as our ongoing experience with our home-based hospice clients have prepared us specifically to serve the senior population.
- Fall Assessments/Fall Prevention Strategies
- Balance and Gait Assessments and Treatments
- Equipment/Orthotic Assessments
- Caregiver Training
- Musculoskeletal Pain Assessments and Treatments
- Strengthening and Flexibility Programs
- Postural Education
- Gentle Therapeutic Yoga/Pilates Techniques Where Appropriate.
- Consulting Services to Enhance Facility Safety and Care for Residents
- Caregiver Education/Training for Prevention of Work-Related Physical Injuries, including Body Mechanics, Ergonomics in the Work Place in Senior Care Settings, Problem Solving for Architectural Barriers
- Self-Care and Home Management Training
- Home Safety Assessments
- We have a Well-Equipped Gym to Offer Effective Therapy
- Pre- and Post-Joint Replacement Surgical Conditions (Hip, Knee , Shoulder replacements)
- Stroke/Brain Injury
- Low Back Pain/Neck Pain/Joint Pain
- Neurological Conditions such as Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis
- General Debility/Osteoporosis/Sarcopenia
- Conditions Related to Chronic or Exacerbated Heart/Lung Issues
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Orthopedic/Postural Conditions
- Our approach is eclectic, designed to enhance mobility by one or more of the following: increasing strength, coordination, balance, flexibility, decreasing pain, and keeping the client actively engaged and motivated while doing so.
- We recognize that seniors often have associated conditions in addition to the primary dysfunction and are fully prepared for that challenge.
- We incorporate innovative approaches such as gentle, modified Yoga procedures and Therapeutic Pilates to keep our seniors engaged as they progress towards their goals in a safe and effective manner.
- We assess and make recommendations for appropriate adaptive equipment which will help the patient achieve their goals as well as could reduce the burden of care on the caregivers.
- We use simple, adaptable equipment such as balls, therabands, and simple exercise and activity programs for our seniors.
- Through our very personalized approach, we share an excellent rapport with all out senior clients, and our sessions are always fun, interesting, and educational for them and their families.
- We are very good about communicating and working with our patients’ loved ones (with their permission) to achieve optimal independence and quality of life for our clients, based on their specific conditions and socio-emotional-cognitive status.
- We are Medicare Part B Credentialed
Get in touch with us at 408-399-7054 if you have any questions or need any additional information. For an evaluation of your needs, you can Set an Appointment at your earliest convenience.